LEAD with Nature with PAP Community Foundation PCF Sparkletots
On 12 Nov 2018, Social Innovation Park conducted its very first LEAD with Nature pilot session with PAP Community Foundation PCF Sparkletots, which turned out to be a huge success! It was indeed a joyful privilege to work with PCF and have our space teeming with excited kids.
Here’s a glimpse of how the event unfolded…
The children had to roleplay Ranger Zen, to help and guide the farmers in the park to grow their own organic vegetables. Ranger Zen had to keep fit and strong in order to fight off pests and to protect the people and the farms. Ranger Zen was kept physically healthy by:
– Exploring nature,
– Having outdoor plays and
– Mindfulness breathing exercises.
Each of these themes was achieved at its respective stations. There was a total of 4 stations.
Keeping in mind the bigger picture, the overall objective of LEAD with Nature was for the children to:
– Learn through the wonders of nature’s creation
– Experience the beauty of nature and nurture a passion for life
– Action-driven learning process to cultivate innovative thinking and creativity
– Direction of mindfulness practices to develop self-awareness, resilience, and focus
Not only had the children thoroughly enjoyed themselves, but all of them had also left with new insights into nature! With the children’s heartfelt smiles as our motivation, we look forward to future collaboration opportunities with Sparkletots and schools to come.