November 19, 2018 @ 11:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Singapore-Jiangsu Collaboration – Innovating Our Future
Singapore-Jiangsu Collaboration – Innovating Our Future is a one-day high-level summit co-organized by Social Innovation Park (SIP) and Jiangsu Industrial Technology Research Institute (JITRI).
Jiangsu province is the biggest economy in East China, with GDP reaching S$1.76 trillion (RMB8.59 trillion) at 8.4% growth in 2017, almost the size of the Australian GDP. Jiangsu is the top provincial investment destination for Singapore companies in China, with Singapore’s cumulative investments into Jiangsu reaching over S$36.8 billion (US$27.1 billion) as of end-September 2017. Singapore-Jiangsu trade currently accounts for about 10% of Singapore-China trade, rising 13.2% year-on-year to reach S$11 billion (US$8.1 billion) in the first three quarters of 2017.
Singapore-Jiangsu Collaboration was kick-started back in 1994 by the then Prime Ministers HE Mr Deng Xiaoping and HE Mr Lee Kuan Yew, with the birth of the Suzhou Industrial Park. Over the last 24 years, Singapore-Jiangsu G2G, B2B and P2P relations expanded and deepened into various industry sectors and Jiangsu cities. Meanwhile, the Suzhou Industrial Park also developed into a modern city with a high-tech industrial park at its core, a prosperous population, and one of the most liveable places in China.
As we enter a new stage of development and growth that will be accelerated by the Belt and Road Initiative, and with Singapore also entering the fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR), more collaborative bridges and platforms – traditional and new – need to be built, particularly in the areas of technology and innovation, so we could progress together. We are prompted to think about what the second phase of Singapore-Jiangsu Collaboration could look like, beyond the Suzhou Industrial Park joint venture. More pertinently, how do we mindfully shape the desired future of our countries, in a collaborative manner that brings better standards of living and better lives for our citizens?
This event brings together leaders from business, government and academia in Singapore and Jiangsu, especially those involved in the deep tech, to discuss the future of collaboration for economic transformation and inclusive growth. How can we reap the business potential and benefits of deep tech, but also ensure sustainable and inclusive development?
~ Entry to event is by pre-registration only ~
For enquiry, please contact Jane (email@example.com) or Jara (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 6312 8802.
Distinguished Guests & Speakers
Participating organizations from Jiangsu
- Department of Science and Technology of Jiangsu Province
- Department of Commerce of Jiangsu Province
- Jiangsu Industrial Technology Institute (JITRI)
- Institute of Micro Nano Automation Technologies, JITRI
- Institute of Intelligent Sensing Technology, JITRI
- Institute of Digital Manufacturing Equipment and Technology, JITRI
- Institute of Advanced Laser Technology, JITRI
- Institute of Food Biotechnology, JITRI
- JITRI-Sioux Joint Innovative Centre
- Jiangsu Hi-tech Investment Group Co., Ltd
- Sumin Investment Holdings Co., Ltd
- Raycham Laser Technology Group Co., Ltd
Represented Organizations from Singapore
- Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR)
- Singapore China Association
- Enterprise Singapore
- A*ccelerate (previously known as Exploit Technologies)
- Institute of Materials Research and Engineering, A*STAR
- Bioprocessing Technology Institute, A*STAR
- Institute of High Performance Computing. A*STAR
- Institute for Infocomm Research,A*STAR
- Action Community for Entrepreneurship (ACE)
- National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- Singapore Management University (SMU)
- Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Embassy of the People’s Republic of China
- Embassy of Finland
- Embassy of Jordan
- Centre for Research, Advisory and Technology (CREATE)
- Companies – Singapore Exchange Limited, IPV Capital, EC World Reit, Lian Huat Group, Republic Holdings, Accesscorp, Itrend International, ICOra Asia, Xjera Labs, Tembusu Partners, Vaster New Media
How to Get Here
Venue: MPH, Level 1, Innovis, 2 Fusionopolis Way, Singapore 138634
Coming from Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE):
- Take Exit 8 towards North Bouna Vista Road.
- Continue towards North Bouna Vista Road.
- Turn right to Ayer Rajah Avenue.
- Turn left to Fusionopolis Walk.
- Turn left to Fusionopolis Link.
- Look out for Fusionopolis 2 Carpark Entry.
From North Buona Vista Road
- Turn left into Ayer Rajah Avenue.
- Turn left into Fusionopolis Walk.
- Turn left into Fusionopolis Link.
- Look out for Fusionopolis 2 Kinesis Carpark Entry
Click here for more information about Visitor Parking at Fusionopolis Two.
- Drop off / Pick up at driveway in front of Innovis and Kinesis, along AYE.
- Nearest station: CC23 one-north Station.
- From the station, walk towards Exit D (next to Subway restaurant) to take the escalator to Galaxis, Level 1.
- Turn right and walk towards the escalator to travel up to Galaxis, Level 2.
- Walk straight past the foodcourt (FoodMaster) towards the overhead bridge that links Galaxis to Fusionopolis Two.
- Go down to Level 1 and look out for signages indicating Event.