October 21, 2019 - October 25, 2019
Global Dignity 2019
In celebration of this year’s #GlobalDignityDay, SIP is educating 800+ students from various secondary schools about human dignity. Watch this space as SIP hit the school grounds next week!
Three stalwarts came together to create and build something phenomenal called Global Dignity(GD)
Global Dignity(GD) is a non- profit organisation that is working towards dignity for all people by creating a global conversation about dignity and promoting dignity-based leadership to discuss the issue of dignity with young people. Born out of the 2005 World Economic Forum inaugural meeting of the Young Global Leaders, Global Dignity was founded in 2006 by three Young Global Leaders – Crown Prince Haakon of Norway;John Bryant, CEO and Founder of Operation Hope; and Pokka Himanen, author and philosopher.
What started from 30 students in a single classroom in 2006 has now spread as a ground-up movement of 860,000 young people coming together in more than 70 countries in 2018.
Every year Global Dignity Day (GDD) is celebrated in the month of October wherein different countries come together to support and participate in the global movement.
The Founding principles of the Organization are that every person:
1. Has the right to pursue their purpose and meaning in life, and to reach their full potential
2. Deserves to live in societies that provide humane access to education, health, income and security
3. Has their life, identity and beliefs respected by others
4. Has the responsibility to create the conditions for others to fulfill their potential, acting to strengthen the dignity of others, building a foundation of freedom, justice and peace for this, and future generations.
5. Believes that dignity in action means standing up against injustice, intolerance and inequality
Learn more about GD and GDD Celebration