Razor TV: Point Blank, 4 Nov 2008
Follow-up episode to interview with Ms Elim Chew and Mr Kenny Low on 29 October 2008.
- The interview began with a clip of Ms Penny Low introducing the concept of social innovation as a process by which paradigms are being shifted by social innovators and social entrepreneurs for the greater good of society.
- Ms Penny Low spoke about encouraging social innovation and social entrepreneurship through Social Innovation Park’s (SIP) 3 ‘E’ mission – Educate, Empower and Enhance.
- As a parting shot to aspiring social entrepreneurs and social innovators, Penny stated that “the seemingly impossible is possible – pursue your passion because passion is action, don’t give up!”
- Ms Sharmilah Begum, Founder of Big is Gorgeous, as well as Ms June Wee and Ms Joan Foo of Amazing Balloons were interviewed on their thoughts about social entrepreneurship and how PaTH/SIP has inspired them to greater heights.
- Ms Sharmilah Begum shared how Ms Penny Low and SIP inspired the social entrepreneur in her and gave her the support she needed when starting BIG.
- Ms Joan Foo recounted how she started selling her balloon sculptures at PaTH where she and her group of fellow balloon sculpturists bring cheer to the shoppers there, especially the children.