Revised 25 May 2018
We value your privacy and are committed to respecting the privacy rights of all users of Social Innovation Park Limited (https://www.socialinnovationpark.org) or its mobile version and any of its sub-domains (collectively, the “Site”) and the services, products and networks found at or related to the Site (collectively, the “Services”).
Collection and Use of Personal Information
1. When you visit the Site, register on the Site and use our the Services, we collect and keep some personal information. Personal information includes information that may of itself identify you such as your name, contact details, professional affiliations and details, internet protocol (“IP”) address, cookie strings or device IDs, as well as information that may not on its own identify you, but which we store alongside such identifiers, such as how you are using our services or the country you are in when you do so.
2. We will ensure that the users are aware of the types of personal information obtained and the purposes for which they are to be used. We will only collect personal information from users if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can refuse to provide personal information to us, except that it may exclude them from engaging some of the Services provided by SIP or made available on the Site.
- Information you voluntarily give us might include personal data needed for you to register for an event (co)organized by SIP, such as names and contact details.
- We generate or collect some information from your computer or device automatically as you use our services. This includes stuff like your IP address, information about the device and browser you are using to access our services, the website URL you visited us from and the third-party sites you visit when you click on links to exit the Site. We may also know your location from your mobile or your IP address.
3. We will use the personal information of the users only for purposes deemed necessary to the provision of the Services. These include for purposes such as:
- Sending direct marketing communications via email or other means where you have consented to us in doing so;
- Recording and evaluating feedback you give us where you agree to take part in feedback collection or survey that’s not anonymized;
- Storing certain cookies on your device, where doing so requires consent.
4. We will ensure that the users’ personal information is not disclosed or used for purposes without the prior expressed consent of the users, other than in relation to delivering the Services requested and where it’s necessary to comply with any legal rights or obligations.
- We share information relating to our users with selected third parties who provide us with a variety of different services that support the delivery of our services.
- We require any such third parties which handles information on our behalf to do so pursuant to contractual terms which require that the information is kept secure, is processed in accordance with applicable data protection laws, and used only as we have instructed and not for that third parties’ own purposes (unless you have explicitly consented to them doing so).
- Such third parties may include providers of technical infrastructure, event management services, and event co-organizers.
- We will share personal data with third parties where you expressly authorise us to, such as where we run a promotion in conjunction with a partner and you instruct us to share your email address with that third party for the purpose of receiving promotional emails.
5. We will not, at any time during or after the users’ engagement of our Services, sell or rent the users’ personal information to non-SIP owned business without prior, expressed consent of the client.
Safeguarding of Personal Information and Your Rights
6. SIP takes a range of technical and administrative measures to maintain the confidentiality and security of user personal information, against loss, theft or unauthorised access.
7. You can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances. Where we have asked for your consent, you may withdraw consent at any time.
8. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority.
Contacting the Site