November 19 @ 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Singapore-Jiangsu Collaboration – Innovating Our Future
Singapore-Jiangsu Collaboration – Innovating Our Future is a one-day high-level summit co-organized by Social Innovation Park (SIP) and Jiangsu Industrial Technology Research Institute (JITRI).
Singapore-Jiangsu Collaboration 1.0 was kicked started back in 1994 by the then Prime Ministers HE Mr Deng Xiaoping and HE Mr Lee Kuan Yew, with the birth of the Suzhou Industrial Park. Over the last 24 years, Singapore-Jiangsu G2G, B2B and P2P relations expanded and deepened into various industry sectors and Jiangsu cities. Meanwhile, the Suzhou Industrial Park also developed into a modern city with a high-tech industrial park at its core, a prosperous population, and one of the most liveable places in China. It entered a new stage of development in September 2015 when the State Council of the People’s Republic of China approved the Suzhou Industrial Park’s proposal to become the first experimental zone for economic liberalisation and innovation.
This heralded a new era of globalization and innovation, and we are prompted to think about what Singapore-Jiangsu Collaboration 2.0 could look like, beyond the Suzhou Industrial Park joint venture. The Belt and Road Initiative will further drive trade and economic cooperation, bringing potential for more partnerships, particularly in technology and innovation. More pertinently, how do we mindfully shape the desired future of our countries, in a collaborative manner that brings better standards of living and better lives for our citizens ?
This event brings together leaders from business, government and academia in Singapore and Jiangsu, especially those involved in the deep tech, to discuss the future of collaboration for economic transformation and inclusive growth. How can we reap the business potential and benefits of deep tech, but also ensure sustainable and inclusive development?
|11:30 am||Registration & Lunch|
|12:30pm||Tour of A*STAR Model Factory@SIMTech|
|2:40pm||Expert Keynote Speeches|
Singapore-Jiangsu Collaboration: Innovating Our Future
|6:00pm||Networking Reception @ One-North Gallery|
Participating organizations from Jiangsu
- Department of Science and Technology of Jiangsu Province
- Department of Commerce of Jiangsu Province
- Jiangsu Industrial Technology Institute (JITRI)
- Institute of Micro Nano Automation Technologies, JITRI
- Institute of Intelligent Sensing Technology, JITRI
- Institute of Digital Manufacturing Equipment and Technology, JITRI
- Institute of Advanced Laser Technology, JITRI
- Institute of Food Biotechnology, JITRI
- JITRI-Sioux Joint Innovative Centre
- Jiangsu Hi-tech Investment Group Co., Ltd
- Sumin Investment Holdings Co., Ltd
- Raycham Laser Technology Group Co., Ltd
Represented Organizations from Singapore
- Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) – various Research Institutes
- Enterprise Singapore
- Start-up related: SG Innovate, Action Community for Entrepreneurship (ACE)
- Institutes of Higher Learning: NUS, NTU, SUTD, SMU
- Singapore-China Association
- Embassies of China, Finland and Jordan
- Companies – Singapore Exchange, IPV Capital, EC World Reit, Lian Huat Group, San Teh Group, Republic Holdings, Accesscorp, Itrend International, ICOra Asia, Xjera Labs, Salesforce, Vaster New Media
~ This event is by-invite only ~